About Me

Bored with my life at a stage, got over it and trying to do something with it to make it worth while.

Monday, May 24, 2010

How To Save A Life

Dear everyone,

At what length would I go to save a life? But more importantly would I risk mine to save an other's. I have so many dreams and hopes that I want to come true, I actually think I'd put myself before others. What is wrong with me? After much debate in my head I realised, in this world there is nothing wrong with me and that my decision to value my life over an other's is perfectly normal. Everyone in our society today is too consumed with their image and own lives that general curiosity is no where to be seen. Gone are the days of chivalry and good manners. Now you'll be lucky to get a grunt from the check out chick at Wall-Mart.

But now I'm side tracking. It all started with the renewal of my drivers licence and the survey asked me if I wanted to be an organ donor. My initial instinct was to say 'yes', but that was only based on my obsession for Grey's Anatomy re-runs. I didn't really get what it was asking me. Did I want to know if I would give my organs out my functioning body, my brain dead body or was it testing my humanity. All of this was running through my head and causing me to sweat in the RTA. I had a mental blank. I'd never done it before, but it always seems like the right thing to do (based on the teary endings of Grey's). But it was my body, I worked hard to have this developing abs and V-Shape, to not smoke and drink in moderate doses. I took care of it, why should I give it up. Now my hyperventilating was causing quite a scene at the questionnaire counter.

But then looking into the eyes of the worker behind the glass sheeting with heavily applied eye make-up it became clear. I would become an organ donor, not only because Doctor Bailey hates ti when you aren't but because my dreams and hard works dies with me and my body is an empty vessel. I can only hope if anyone does get my organs is that some of my humour and ambition carries through with them to make you as strange as me, because I'd have it no other way.

Rather now than never.

Mr. Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?